Saturday, July 17, 2010

Barry Lane Ch. 6-7

Barry Lane continues to share revision ideas for me to try. In chapter 6 titled "Friction or Nonfriction" Lane gives the idea of graphing a main character in a piece of writing. The graph provides a way to revise my draft. A snapshot, thoughtshot or scene at the point of change could be added. Writing in third or second person would also be interesting to try in my writing.

Lane's chapter 7 is titled, "Don't Fix My Story, Just Listen to Me." My job as a teacher is to be interested in the writing of my student. I need to let the student provide the direction for the conference. The student should leave the conference encouraged to continue writing. I liked the structure and accountability that was part of the writing workshop. Creating a form for peer conferencing would be a great idea. I also like writing down the status of the class.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are really thinking about some ways to use Lane in your own writing and with your students. Yes, status of the class sure helps.

    ReplyDelete