Friday, July 30, 2010

Final Reflection-Summer 2010

I became a student of writing this summer. I entered my classroom on the fourth floor of the Ed Building, set up my laptop, and started writing to a prompt. Often the prompts would cause me to remember a memory that I thought I had forgotten. I would struggle to find the just right word, the ending, a good lead, and then I shared my piece with a peer writer. I would share this piece several times with a peer asking them questions about meaning to editorial comments. Then I went home to revise some more. Our writings continued to change as we learned more about writing possibilities. It was a worth while investment of time for this teacher-writer. I'm certainly going to understand the struggle that my student writers will have. I'm ready to be their supporter and encourager.

No comments:

Post a Comment