Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Writer's Toolbox - Laura Harper

Barry Lane's ideas for helping students revise their writing was used by Laura Harper in her limited English classroom. Her students needed concrete ideas that they could practice in their writing. Their toolbox became a manila folder that held five notecards. Her students learned how to revise rather than recopy their work. My second graders would benefit from these same writing ideas because they are understandable and doable. They are: using Questions, Snapshots, Thoughtshots, Exploding the Moment, and Making a Scene. I think I need to make a poster for my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. A poster sounds like a great idea! How would your students benefit from these writing ideas? I know you have developed a lesson plan using them, but tell us more.

    ReplyDelete