Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lucy Caulkins - Worshop Environment

I was pleased to hear that structure and organization are important pieces of a writing workshop. A writing workshop will have a predictable time for writing so that students may plan for this extended writing time. A session may end or begin with a mini lesson. Response groups are student facilitated groups that take the status of their members. Everyone needs to have something to do! Peer conferences may also happen but these will be about 5 minutes in length. There will be share times when 3-4 students may read their writing to the class. Public celebrations are planned so students can have a real audience. I need to know more about response groups. This is one part that I did not use with my students.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you want to know specifically about response groups so we can help out on that.

    ReplyDelete