Saturday, July 17, 2010

Response to Lane Ch. 1-5

"Writing is revision." I am still struggling with my pieces of writing. Perhaps I'll try some of these ideas. Barry Lane shows us ways or tools to use with our young writers. Since I'm the writer this summer, these are the ideas that I would like to try. I would like to try some thoughtshots to show what my character is thinking and feeling in a personal narrative. Writing with dialogue would also build my scene especially if I included snapshots and thoughtshots. Another writing idea I would like to try is shrinking a century. I will need to find a moment that I can describe or characterize with an adjective. Hmmm. Now I need to think of a new story.

1 comment:

  1. Finding a moment and describing it always helps us as writers improve. I hope you thought of a story!

    ReplyDelete